- You are in:
- Sixth Form
The Sixth Form Team:
Miss Fern Gibbons - Head of Sixth Form
Miss Milli Thomas – Deputy Head of Sixth Form
Mrs Kathy Fox – Senior Intervention Tutor
Miss Joan Murray – Sixth Form Office Manager
Sixth Form Expectations:
As a role model to over 1,000 other students we expect the highest standards of conduct from our Sixth Form students. Please be aware that persistent failure to comply with these requirements will jeopardise your place with us.
You are expected to wear Business Dress to school every day. If you are dressed inappropriately, you will be sent home to remedy the situation.
• Blazer and smart, tailored trousers – no jeans of any colour or chino style trousers
• Shirt and tie – top button should be done up
• Leather-type shoes – no trainers
• Smart, knitted jumper or tank top – no logos or hoods; your tie should be visible at the collar
• Skirt, tailored trousers or a dress – skirts and dresses should be just above the knee; no leggings or jeans of any colour
• Smart blouse or top – no t-shirts or tops with motifs, images or writing on; low-cut, cropped or vest tops are not permitted
• Blazer or smart cardigan – hooded tops are not permitted
• Leather-type shoes – no trainers or boots
• Single items of simple/unobtrusive jewellery and light/subtle make up may be worn
• Winter clothing i.e. coats, scarves, hats, gloves must not be worn around the building
• Headphones and mobile phones are not to be used around the building
Attendance & Punctuality
Any instances of truancy and/or unexplained absence will be recorded and may hinder our ability to provide a fully positive reference for work or higher education. Repeated instances of absence or lateness could result in you losing your place in the Sixth Form and any attendance of less than 95% will be considered unsatisfactory.
Directed Study Periods
You are expected to be in school from 8.20 until 3.05. Any periods where you are not timetabled to be in a lesson are Directed Study Periods and should be used to further your learning. You must sign in in the morning and after lunch if you are not timetabled to be in a lesson.
Use of Sixth Form Areas
The Sixth Form Library, DSR and Common Room are areas solely for Sixth Form use. Any mistreatment of these areas will result in the privilege of using them being revoked.